Happy Thursday. I’m sure you will agree with me that buying a new piece of jewelry generates an incredibly happy feeling. That moment when your package arrives at your home, you open it carefully and see a beautiful item within the box, what a feeling. Surely you want to keep them as long as possible in the best condition, right? Well, we are going to share a simple guide to organizing and caring for your jewelry. Thanks to this, they will always be perfect. Consequently, to keep them in good condition, the rituals that you will have to carry out are two very simple ones: clean them and keep them in a safe place.
Keeping your jewelry clean
When jewelry is dirty, it can have a faux old and dull appearance and can even have small scratches.
To have the new and shiny, you just have to do the following:
- Take a bowl of warm water and add a few drops of neutral soap, then dip them and leave them for a while so that the dirt softens and comes off.
- If necessary, rub them gently with the help of a soft toothbrush.
- Then dry them carefully with a cotton or string cloth to avoid scratches.
- If the stud of the earrings is very dirty, you can clean it with a little alcohol. Pay special attention that this does not touch the earring, only the pin.
Regarding the frequency of cleaning, it depends on your skin and how much you wear your jewelry. Either way, you can clean it every 15 days or once a month. Between washing, you can use a soft suede glasses to keep them clean and shiny.
In other words, having your jewelry organized is not only a matter of practicality and cleanliness but also keeps the items more protected and cared for.
To keep your jewelry tidy and protected:
- Avoid exposing them to the sun and moisture. Obviously, when you wear them nothing happens. You can easily do your activities with your jewelry, but when you get home and take them off, protect them from sunlight. Also, avoid leaving them in areas where there are sudden temperature changes such as the bathroom or near the air conditioner or radiator.
- Therefore, when you store them, if possible in a jewelry box, avoid friction between other items. Place them in the space provided for each one, thus avoiding possible scratches. Additionally, put special emphasis on chain bracelets and necklaces to prevent them from getting mixed up and tangled.
Tips to prevent jewelry from staining and spoiling
Finally, we are going to share some tips to protect your jewelry.
- Prevent your jewelry from rubbing and coming into contact with aggressive products such as cosmetics and perfumes. Remember that after applying your beauty products, wait a few minutes before putting on your jewelry.
- Don’t forget to take them off when you play sports because PH and sweat can damage them.
- Also avoid using them in the sea or pool, especially the pool since chlorine can destroy them.
I hope this guide to organizing and caring for your jewelry has been helpful and above all, enjoy wearing your jewelry! That’s what they are for. If you think that in the morning you do not have time to stop to choose your item for the day, prepare your outfit the day before, just like clothes. This will make it easier and save you time in the morning. By the way, remember that you can review our Mix and Match guide.
If even after this guide, you have any specific questions about how to clean one of your Maria Pascual jewelry, please write us a message ☺
Thanks for being here, see you next Thursday :)